Friday, February 1, 2013

You've Turned Me Into "That" Mom!

 
 
Happy 2nd  Birthday my sweet Gracie!! I honestly can not believe how quickly this year has gone by. I wish I had the power to push a pause button on life.  I sit back over the last year and think, "WOW!, she has turned me into THAT mom." The ones I made fun of and thought to myself  NEVER would I put my girl in that if I had one. Now I find myself making tutus, putting crazy hats and bows in, frilly outfits, pink everything, TRYING TO LEARN TO SEW!!! WHAT!!!???? Crazy, I know. Your dad makes fun of me and says he remembers me swearing I'd never do that if I ever had a girl. I still sit back and look at all the toys scattered everywhere and think to myself, never ever did I think I would see that. Dolls, pink horses, pink wagons, play baby stollers, My Little Ponies, the list goes on. Or when I fold clothes and there is pink and purple in the pile. It still takes my breath away at times, and I get that swell in my heart and know how truly blessed we are to have you. 
 
 I have to say that God really knows what he's doing.  No matter how much pink I put on you, or frilly clothes, he made you PERFECT for our family.  You are dramatic. Your personality gets bigger and bigger by the day. You'd rather be outside with Tuckers chickens, jumping on a bed, riding 4 wheelers with papa, playing with hot wheels cars and army men, and dirty from head to toe. You love Mickey Mouse and Disney World just as much as your dad. You are a mixture of sassy and sweet.  We couldn't have picked a more perfect girl for our family, and we adore and love you so much. Happy Birthday my sweet girl! Now SLOW DOWN!!!!!!

No comments: